This assignment has TWO parts - PART A and PART B.
Answers to both parts can be written and returned to me as an email, or recorded as voice files and sent back to me as an attachment. (Pure Voice, Toolvox, or Real Audio)
Click here to listen. (Real
1) What is the speaker talking about?
2) What does ‘frankly’ mean?
3) Which of the following statements is closest to the truth?
a) The speaker didn’t like Diana.
b) He loved Diana.
c) He thought Diana was OK.
4) Say whether the following statements are TRUE or FALSE.
a) The speaker thought Diana was beautiful.
b) He thought Diana was a saint.
c) He thought Diana was a spoilt rich girl.
Go to the following URL:
Click on the first story: "What's up with the ozone?"
It will take 5-10 minutes to load on to your computer but then you can play it as many times as you like. It's a difficult text. DON'T TRY AND UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING! Read the questions first so you know what information to listen for.
1) Generally, what is this talk about?
2) What is in Pasadena, California?
3) What substances have been banned by all nations?
4) Richard Zurich is interviewed in this story. What is his job?
5) What do the following phrases mean?
a) around the globe
b) global concern
c) decades to come
6) How long does the speaker say ozone loss will be a problem?
7) The presenter is the person who introduces the story. What is his first name?